Apply for an ongoing Office Assistant Job at United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO). See the job description, requirement and how to apply.
United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) is the specialized agency of the United Nations that promotes industrial development for poverty reduction, inclusive globalization and environmental sustainability. The mandate of the UNIDO is to promote and accelerate sustainable industrial development in developing countries and economies in transition. With this mandate, the Organization carries out two core functions: as a global forum, it generates and disseminates industry-related knowledge; as a technical cooperation agency, it provides technical support, policy advice and implements projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Office Assistant (NiNAS), SB2 – Local support
Vacancy Announcement No: VA2017_ISA_EXT_000032
Type of Appointment: Individual Service Agreement
Employment Fraction: NonStaff-Regular
Approx. Duration: Till 31st December, 2017
- The National Quality Infrastructure (NQI) project, funded to the tune of EUR 12 million by the European Union (EU), aims to support the improvement and establishment of standards and quality control agencies in Nigeria. The project is part of a wider financing agreement signed between the European Union and Nigeria to stimulate the competiveness of the country, and is one of the EU’s many contributions to the people of Nigeria under the 10th European Development Fund.
- The specific objective of this project is to support the development of standards and quality control bodies to improve the quality of products and services sold in Nigerian and abroad. The project will achieve its objectives through the following (a) Promulgation of a National Quality Policy and ensuing legislation for the NQI; (b) Establishment of a National Accreditation Body; (c) Development of a National Metrology Institute; (d) Improvement of Organized Private Sector (OPS) patronage of the NQI and their capacities to create and support conformity assessment bodies (CAB) and (e) Enhancement of the consumer protection role on quality issues and increased capacity of consumer associations to enhance the quality offer/culture of Nigerian enterprises.
- Through this project, the Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment (FMITI) will be assisted in reviewing the legislative framework surrounding Metrology, Standards, Testing and Quality (MSTQ) with particular emphasis on promulgating and implementing a National Quality Policy. The project will help to upgrade the capacity of the Standards Organization of Nigeria (SON), the Weights and Measures Department, FMITI, National Agency for Food & Drug Administration and Control NAFDAC), Consumers Protection Council (CPC).
- With the support of the NQIP, the National Accreditation Body (NiNAS) has been established. NiNAS (Nigerian National Accreditation Service) is a body providing accreditation services to ISO/IEC standards in Nigeria and the ECOWAS region. Accreditation is the process of providing recognition to an organization for its competence in performing specific tasks. It involves the assessment of technical competence and management systems of organizations in providing conformity assessment services such as Testing and Calibration Laboratories, and Certification (management systems/ product/ personnel), Inspection and others.
Under the overall leadership of the UNIDO Project Manager and direct supervision of the NiNAS Chief Executive Officer, the Secretary to the Chief Executive will carry out the duties as specified below:
- Assist NiNAS team members in coordinating and organizing NiNAS activities and administrative actions for timely implementation.
- Collect, maintain, record and disseminate up-to-date information related to NiNAS activities (operational and research) together with their financial obligations.
- Collect, maintain, disseminate and update relevant databases.
- Provide office support for all administrative and financial procedures, i.e. contract preparation, correspondence with consultants, stakeholders and experts, invitations to participants, securing all in-house follow-up needed, keeping minutes at meetings.
- Assist in design and organization of events (project presentations, technical seminars, training workshops), including budgeting, design of brochures, aide-mémoires, and notes to participants.
- Planning and organization of appointments and travel arrangements for the NiNAS team members as required.
- Perform other related duties and ad hoc assignments as required by the PM and NiNAS Chief Executive Officer.
- Integrity: To work honestly, openly, impartially and in accordance with the values of the United Nations. PROFESSIONALISM: To work in a competent, committed and calm manner. RESPECT FOR diversity: To work effectively, respectfully and inclusively with people from different backgrounds and with different perspectives.
- Results orientation and accountability: To be accountable and responsible for achieving results and meeting performance standards.
- Planning and organizing: To plan, organize and manage work effectively and efficiently.
- Communication and trust: To communicate effectively and build trust. Team orientation: To cooperate at various levels.
- Client orientation: To be responsive towards those to whom services are provided internally and externally.
- Organizational development and innovation: To realize continuous improvement, support innovation, share knowledge and skills and learn from others.
- Secondary education completed, and secretarial or office management training.
- English (Fluent).
- E-mail (Fully proficient), Internet (Fully proficient), Spreadsheets (Fully proficient), Word processing (Fully proficient).
Field of Expertise:
- Minimum 6 years of secretarial and clerical experience, project administration and monitoring, ideally with development projects;
- Proven ability to draft, edit, and produce written communication;
- Proven knowledge of UN organization project/programme management processes and procedures is an additional asset;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Team oriented work style;
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
Application Closing Date
15th June, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: This appointment is limited to the specified project(s) only and does not carry any expectation of renewal.
Advertisement: Hookup with sugar mummy in Nigeria.