UNICEF Nigeria Recruitment – There are employment opportunities at UNICEF Nigeria. See the job description, eligibility, application procedure and how to apply here.
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) – For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF Nigeria Recruitment
UNICEF is recruiting to fill the following vacant positions below:
Job Title: TA WASH Officer – NOA
Job Number: 503350
Location: Kaduna, Nigeria
Work Type: Temporary Appointment
Key Expected Results/Major Responsibilities
Programme development and planning:
- Prepare technical reports and inputs for programme preparation and documentation, ensuring accuracy, timeliness and relevance of information.
- Contribute to the development/establishment of WASH-related outcome and output results, as well as related strategies, through analysis of WASH sector needs and priorities.
- Provide technical and administrative support throughout all stages of programming processes by executing/administering a variety of technical programme transactions, preparing materials/documentations, complying with organizational processes and management systems, to support progress towards the WASH-related outcome and/or output results in the Country Programme.
Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results:
- Work collaboratively with internal and external colleagues and partners to collect/analyze/ share information on implementation issues, provide solutions on routine programme implementation and alert appropriate officials and stakeholders for higher-level interventions and/or decisions. Keep record of reports and assessments for easy reference and/or to capture and institutionalize lessons learned.
- Technical and operational support for programme implementation
- Undertake field visits and surveys, collect and share reports with partners/stakeholders. Report critical issues, bottlenecks and potential problems to supervisor, for timely action.
- Provide technical and operational support to government counterparts, NGO partners, UN system partners and other country office partners/donors on the application and understanding of UNICEF policies, strategies, processes and best practices in WASH, to support programme implementation.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, programme reviews and annual sectoral reviews with government and other counterparts and prepare reports on results for required action/interventions at the higher level of program management.
- Monitor and report on the use of sectoral programme resources (financial, administrative and other assets), verify compliance with approved allocations, organizational rules, regulations/procedures, donor commitments, standards of accountability and integrity.
Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building:
- Assist in the development, implementation, monitoring and documentation of WASH action research and innovation (technical or systems).
- Assist in the preparation of learning/knowledge products, covering innovative approaches and good practices, to support overall WASH sector development.
- Assist in creating and delivering learning opportunities for UNICEF WASH staff, to ensure our sector capacity remains up-to-date with latest developments.
Qualifications and Experience
- University (first) Degree in Civil Engineering, Public Health, Social Sciences, Behaviour Change Communication, Sanitary Engineering or other specialist field related to WASH.
- Experience of experience high level advocacy for resource mobilization is an advantage.
- Basic Knowledge of Human rights and WASH
- Gender and diversity awareness
- A minimum of two years of professional work experience in WASH-related programmes.
- Oral and written proficiency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset.
Core Values (Required):
- Diversity and Inclusion
Core Competencies (Required):
- Communication [II]
- Drive for Result [II]
- Working with People [II]
Functional Competencies (Required):
- Applying Technical Expertise [II]
- Deciding and Initiating Actions [II]
- Following Instructions and Procedures [II]
- Planning and Organizing [II]
How to Apply for UNICEF Nigeria Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 21st March, 2017.
Advertisement: Hookup with sugar mummy in Nigeria.
Click here to see the latest Latest Recruitment in Nigeria.