This is to notify Students who are interested in the Allan Gray Orbis Scholarship Program Application 2017 offered by Allan Gray Orbis Foundation to pursue degree program at a Southern African Institution.
This scholarship/fellowship program is designed to develop students, known as Allan Gray Candidate Fellows, into Southern Africa’s future high impact responsible entrepreneurs.
The Allan Gray Orbis Scholarship Program Application 2017 includes comprehensive tertiary education financial support alongside exposure to thought leaders, mentorship and entrepreneurial mindset development.
- Grade 12: 12th May 2017. (South Africa CLOSED), 25th August 2017 (Swaziland & Botswana), 28th July 2017 (Namibia)
- 1st Year University: 18th August 2017 (South Africa, Swaziland, Namibia & Botswana).
- 2nd Year University: 18th August 2017 (South Africa)
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Citizens of South Africa, Namibia, Botswana and Swaziland
To be taken at (country): The Allan Gray Fellowship is available to 1st year students at
- University of the Witwatersrand (WITS),
- University of Johannesburg (UJ),
- University of Pretoria (UP),
- University of Cape Town (UCT),
- Stellenbosch University (SU),
- University of the Western Cape (UWC),
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU)
- Rhodes University (RU).
Number of Awards: Allan Gray Orbis Scholarship Program Application 2017 awards up to one hundred Fellowships every year.
Value of Award: The Allan Gray Fellowship covers the following:
- Financial assistance in terms of academic studies at a Southern African University (UCT, WITS, UJ, UP, Rhodes or NMMU) for the full length of the degree.
- Full cost of residence; cost of living stipend to meet the incidentals of normal life on campus.
- An Entrepreneurial and Personal Development Programme, which is overlaid on top of the Allan Gray Fellow’s undergraduate studies, running throughout the year. This will include seminars, guest speakers, experiential learning activities and project based deliverables.
- Mentorship, both from individually assigned Foundation employed staff, as well as business mentors, that will assist the Fellow in their development.
- Future scholarships for postgraduate study that are in line with potential future impact, if the Fellow proves their ability during the undergraduate degree. This opportunity extends to the possibility of international study.
- The possibility of future funding from E2 for those Fellows who successfully complete the programme, have work experience and are able to submit compelling business plans.
Eligibility: To be eligible for this program, applicants must:
- be Southern African students
- demonstrate perseverance, tenacity and goal-oriented behaviour
- display an ability to be flexible and adaptable with change
- participate in any sporting activities at school, university or outside this environment
- have recently worked in any environment to generate their own money
- have played any leadership roles at school or university as either a Prefect, member of the LRC, or sport team captain
- Achievement Excellence
- Intellectual Imagination
- Courageous Commitment:
- Personal Initiative
- Spirit of Significance
How To Apply:
Interested applicants can apply for the Fellowship opportunity during their Grade 12 school year or during their first year of university. The Fellowship application is open to learners and students from South Africa, Namibia, Botswana and Swaziland.
Visit The Program Webpage For More Information
Scholarship Provider: The Allan Gray Orbis Foundation
Advertisement: Hookup with sugar mummy in Nigeria.
Click here to see the latest Latest Recruitment in Nigeria.