Apply for ongoing Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Recruitment for Senior Shelter/Wash Officers. See the job description, requirements, application procedure and closing date here.
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organisation founded in 1956 that works in more than 30 countries throughout the world.
DRC fulfils its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world; and by advocating on behalf of conflict-affected populations internationally, and in Denmark, on the basis of humanitarian principles and the Human Rights Declaration. We understand “durable solutions” as any means by which the situation of refugees can be permanently and satisfactorily resolved, enabling them to live normal lives. Durable solutions can be voluntary repatriation, local integration or resettlement. In Denmark, DRC assists refugees in all aspects of integration as well as asylum procedures. Internationally, DRC actively participates in supporting the protection of refugees, and promoting durable solutions for conflict-affected populations.
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Recruitment for Senior Shelter/Wash Officer
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience2 years
- Job FieldAdministration / Secretarial NGO/Non-Profit
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for 1 highly qualified Senior Wash/Shelter Officer
About the job
DRC is the process of scaling up and emergency programme in Nigeria focusing on responding to the huge humanitarian needs and challenges in the North East of Nigeria. Nigeria’s northeast is currently experiencing a significant humanitarian crisis, which has been the result of the ongoing-armed conflict between Boko Haram, the Nigerian military and the Multi-National Task Force in the north-east.
The Senior WASH and Shelter Officer’s primary function is to provide technical support and assist in overall coordination of all WASH and Shelter sector projects.Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
General Programming & Operations
- Contribute to the development of DRC’s strategy, action plan and activities plan and priorities for the WASH and Shelter sector and ensure that they are in line with DRC’s Nigeria strategy.
- Develop and plan procedures and tools for implementation of the WASH and Sector project in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements.
- Responsible for developing WASH and Shelter cash focus in line with detailed activity plans and procurements plans.
- Monitor the budget(s) according to financial Handbook, donor requirements and regulations.
- Ensure continuous capacity building of WASH team.
- Represent WASH in internal and external coordination forums.
- Promote and advocate the rights of IDPs/returnees and explore and asses new and better ways to assist· Support the Rapid Response Teams in organising emergency response in country.
- Further develop and design WASH programs in the country.
- Coordination and representation
- Collaborate with relevant Internal and External technical experts on issues related to WASH and Shelter issues.
- Represent DRC at WASH and Shelter meetings and other relevant technical coordination meetings.
- Ensure integration of WASH activities with other DRC sectors.
- Coordinate with WASH and Shelter counterparts in other locations in the implementation of common funded projects.
- Actively participate in internal coordination meeting
- Ensure and actively participate in regular sector meetings.
- Develop project plans and budgets for funding
- Develop the projects’ M&E tools
- Project implementation and reporting.
- Ensure management of WASH project grants through budget control.
- Ensure quality control during implementation of WASH activities in accordance to Sphere and National standards.
- Prepare WASH weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports to relevant authorities as per need.
- Supervise WASH and Shelter officer, Hygiene Promotion officers and WASH & Shelter Assistants.
- Provide technical and programmatic leadership for the WASH staff members and community based mechanisms in operational areas as needed.
- Develop staff performance measurement and targets for the respective staff reporting to him/her.
- Conduct daily field visits or as required to ensure WASH tasks are going on as planned and mentoring – through technical back stopping and training of duty bearers.
Logistics / Finance
- Support the WASH and Shelter Manager to monitor financial commitments and expenditures against budgets and provide timely feedback on budget follow-ups.
- Plan and coordinate proactively logistics and movements of staff from and to different operational areas.
- Initiate procurements and ensure their execution.
- Ensure distribution plans are prepared and shared with logistics in a timely manner.
- Contribute to grants management of all WASH projects through management of day to day project expenditures.
All employees should master DRC’s core competencies: Communicating, Taking the lead, Collaborating, Striving for excellence and Demonstrating integrity.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- At least 2 years’ experience in planning, implementing and evaluating hygiene promotion projects preferably in a humanitarian context with an INGO.
- Thorough knowledge of WASH AND Shelter operations and implementation
- Understanding of humanitarian/civil society issues in the country and the region.
- Good IT skills (especially Ms. Office)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environment Health Science, Civil or Water Engineering or Public health
- Understanding of rights and protection issues of refugees, children and women
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Fluency in local spoken languages.
- Project Planning and Management is an added advantage
- Experience working with displaced populations.
- Experiencing of managing teams
- Contract length: 7 months with possibility of extension
- Level: SB3 (national contract)
- Start date: As soon as possible
Method of Application
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
Applications should be addressed to: The Recruitment Manager.
Applications can be sent through email to email@example.com
Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title must be written in the subject line of the e-mail otherwise not considered.
CVs will be review on rolling bases.
Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult: www.drc.dk
Advertisement: Hookup with sugar mummy in Nigeria.
Click here to see the latest Latest Recruitment in Nigeria.