www.iom.int – International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Project Coordinator (Psychosocial)
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment: Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- The International Organization for Migration (IOM) has been implementing Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) projects in North East Nigeria since 2014.
- The projects seeks to address the psychosocial needs of the displaced populations and their host community, as affected by the on-going emergency.
- Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, and under direct supervision of the Project Manager (Mental Health and Psychosocial Support), the successful candidate will contribute to the implementation of the Mental Health and Psychosocial Support projects in North East Nigeria, as part of the emergency response.
More particularly, s/he will be responsible for the following duties:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Ensure implementation of psychosocial support activities through overall coordination of the psychosocial support (PSS) mobile teams on the ground, including participating in the recruitment of team members, supporting their deployment and tracking of activities to ensure achievements of targets.
- Develop in coordination with the project officer a capacity building plan for the PSS mobile teams, and coordinate its implementation.
- Liaise and coordinate with relevant stakeholders such as government actors, UN agencies, NGOs and civil society in relation to the project activities, including representing IOM in relevant sector working group meetings.
- Ensure consolidation of reports from the PSS teams and provide inputs for weekly and bi weekly reports as well as for any other relevant documents being developed.
- Ensure the maintenance of a proper documentation and filing systems of the project activities.
- Participate in the development of new projects in coordination with the project officer based on identified needs during project implementation.
- Monitor and provide suggestions regarding the integration of cross-cutting issues such as protection, gender, child protection, counter trafficking and other vulnerable groups are included in the project implementation.
- Undertake duty travel to very challenging areas when necessary.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Provision of technical and managerial oversight to the PSS teams through provision of weekly supervisions, on the job training and field monitoring of the activities to ensure quality standards are met are in line with the relevant guidelines and project indicators.
- Provide direct managerial oversight to the project assistants supervising the PSS mobile teams.
- Provision of direct counselling support, either directly or as in service supervision for the teams.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Psychological Counselling or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in coordinating humanitarian programmes, providing psychological counselling to war affected individuals and/or related field;
- Participation to IOM corporate training in MHPSS an asset;
- Preferably within the International Humanitarian Field and within the organizations of the UN Common System.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
- Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
- In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 9th March, 2017.
Advertisement: Hookup with sugar mummy in Nigeria.
Click here to see the latest Latest Recruitment in Nigeria.
Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /homepages/43/d710733714/htdocs/clickandbuilds/Yaanews/wp-content/themes/goodnews5/framework/functions/momizat_functions.php on line 104
Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /homepages/43/d710733714/htdocs/clickandbuilds/Yaanews/wp-content/themes/goodnews5/framework/functions/momizat_functions.php on line 170
Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /homepages/43/d710733714/htdocs/clickandbuilds/Yaanews/wp-content/themes/goodnews5/framework/functions/posts_share.php on line 66
Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /homepages/43/d710733714/htdocs/clickandbuilds/Yaanews/wp-content/themes/goodnews5/framework/functions/posts_share.php on line 82