Apply for ongoing John Snow Incorporated (JSI) Recruitment for Finance & Operations Managers. See the job description, requirements, application procedure and closing date here.
John Snow Incorporated (JSI), is a public health research and technical assistant firm dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world. It manages the USAID/DELIVER PROJECT and the Supply Chain Management System (SCMS) project in the Nigeria office.
John Snow Incorporated (JSI) Recruitment for Finance & Operations Manager
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationBA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience7 years
- Job FieldFinance / Accounting / Audit
John Snow Incorporated (JSI) Recruitment general Job Description
- The Strengthening High Impact Interventions for an AIDS-free Generation (AIDSFree) Project is a five-year cooperative agreement funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) under Cooperative Agreement AID-OAA-A-14-00046. AIDSFree is implemented by JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. with partners Abt Associates, Inc., Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, EnCompass LLC, IMA World Health, The International HIV/AIDS Alliance, Jhpiego Corporation, and PATH.
- AIDSFree supports and advances implementation of the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief by providing capacity development and technical support to USAID missions, host-country governments, and HIV implementers at the local, regional, and national level.
- AIDSFree is currently seeking candidates for a Nigeria-based Finance and Operations Manager. The position is full-time and will be based at the project office in Abuja, Nigeria and will report to the Director of Finance and Administration, also based in the Abuja Office.
John Snow Incorporated (JSI) Recruitment core Responsibilities
- Ensures that all financial transactions of the field office comply and are consistent with USAID and JSI financial policies and procedures.
- Participates and supports the DFA in the development and revision of finance, operations and HR country specific project manuals.
- Follows proper internal control systems for effective utilization of resources so that accountability is maintained.
- Implements, consolidates and monitors cost effective and efficient accounting systems and procedures.
- Assists the F&A Director with development of annual budgets, budget tracking, and USAID financial reporting.
- Coordinates and maintains a monthly cash flow projection system to ensure that adequate funds are available to meet financing requirement of the program activities.
- Manages the procurement procedures and processes and ensures adherence to procurement limits and proper documentation of Purchase Orders, and Vendor Selection Justifications.
- Reviews field vouchers of all checks and wires transfer payments of staff advances, expense reports, and vendor payments.
- Ensures all vouchers comply with USAID rules and regulations and are supported by original documentation, approvals in accordance with USAID and JSI policies and procedures.
- Ensures responses to the monthly field account feedback are provided to the Home Office team in a timely manner.
- Maintains up-to-date, properly documented personnel information on all employees; and ensures the security of all confidential information.
- In consultation, with staff supervisors, maintain an up-to-date account of accrued staff leave (maternity, annual, compassionate, sick, etc.) and make available to supervisors as appropriate; notify staff and supervisors when individual leave balances risk exceeding carryover ceilings.
- Manages the insurance benefits for staff (health, life and accident), and ensures that insurance coverage for project vehicles and equipment is maintained through the year.
- In consultation with senior management and other supervisory personnel, ensure timely completion and documentation of all staff performance reviews.
- Oversees the monthly settlement of income tax payments to the concerned tax authority as well as payment of other staff benefits.
- Manages lease agreements, consultant agreements and contracts and ensures consistent application and revision.
- Prepares monthly payroll and maintains salary increments and benefits following staff’s respective Annual Performance Review.
- Works effectively to provide F&A support to partners and other JSI projects during new in-country project initiation.
- Ensures at all times a good working relationship with vendors and key stakeholders are maintained.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
John Snow Incorporated (JSI) Recruitment needed Qualifications
- University degree in Accounting/Finance, or Management or Finance related discipline, such as ACCA or CPA required.
- Master degree in Accounting/Finance is desirable.
John Snow Incorporated (JSI) Recruitment major Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 7 years of related work experience of which 3 years at managerial level within an organization with an international scope.
- Experience in USAID-funded projects is required.
- Accuracy, numerical and analytical skills.
- Dynamic, flexible, and have sense of confidentiality, team spirit and is proactive.
- Ability to learn quickly and shares learning with colleagues and partners.
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Consistent ability to meet multiple deadlines and remain focused.
- Able to work under-pressure.
- Ability to work independently and team player who works well in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent written and spoken English language.
- Knowledge of accounting software (QuickBooks is required).
- Excellent knowledge & skill in MS Office, such as Windows, Word, Excel, Access, Outlook.
- High degree of self-motivation, resourcefulness, reliability and honesty.
- Experience and knowledge of Nigeria tax law is a plus.
- Experience and knowledge of Nigeria labor law is a plus.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to John Snow Inc – JSI career website on www.jsi.com to apply
Advertisement: Hookup with sugar mummy in Nigeria.
Click here to see the latest Latest Recruitment in Nigeria.
Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /homepages/43/d710733714/htdocs/clickandbuilds/Yaanews/wp-content/themes/goodnews5/framework/functions/momizat_functions.php on line 104
Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /homepages/43/d710733714/htdocs/clickandbuilds/Yaanews/wp-content/themes/goodnews5/framework/functions/momizat_functions.php on line 170
Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /homepages/43/d710733714/htdocs/clickandbuilds/Yaanews/wp-content/themes/goodnews5/framework/functions/posts_share.php on line 66
Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /homepages/43/d710733714/htdocs/clickandbuilds/Yaanews/wp-content/themes/goodnews5/framework/functions/posts_share.php on line 82