Sheraton hotel recruitment |Sheraton Hotel Application| Sheraton hotel jobs | Sheraton hotel careers, Job vacancy at Sheraton hotel, Sheraton Hotel Jobs . See the job description, eligibility, application procedure and closing date.
Four Points by Sheraton Lagos Hotel is located on the edge of the beautiful Victoria Island, in Nigeria’s economic capital. All around this business hotel, you’ll find a host of international companies within a dynamic business district.
The hotel offers 231 deluxe rooms and Suites that are tastefully furnished. At Four Points by Sheraton Lagos Hotel, we have what you need; Great rooms. Swift service. Honest value. You also want indulgences along the way, like a Swedish massage at Your Spa and Fitness.
Sheraton hotel recruitment Application
Job Title: Assistant Human Resources Manager
Essential functions include but not limited to:
- To maintain an ‘open door’ policy in HR and be personally available to all employees for work / personal problems, grievances, benefit requests, queries and suggestions.
- To provide an advice service to both managers and employees on HR policy, legal requirements, staffing issues, and act as an arbitrator where necessary.
- Liaising with Managers to establish their recruitment requirements ensuring all recruitment is in line with budget and forecasted levels of business. Follow up with Managers during all stages of the recruitment process, keeping them informed of progress and ensuring that HR is aware of all actions.
- Provide an effective recruitment service to all departments, filling positions on a timely basis and using innovative, cost efficient approaches to attract the best candidates.
- Maintain a working recruitment policy ensuring all legal and Marriott regulations are met, including authorization of payroll actions and new hires.
- Identify most effective and cost efficient method of recruitment for all positions – update and maintain the internal notice board with internal adverts, Starwood/Marriott career, Vacancy listings, update vacancies with the Job Centre, Universities and all other ‘free’ options prior to media recruitment.
- Effectively utilize all recruitment media as appropriate – magazines, periodicals, newspapers, internet, Job Centers, Careers Fairs. Draft up all recruitment adverts in most cost efficient yet imaginative manner, in line with Starwood guidelines.
- To ensure reference checks are conducted for all staff and records of such references are kept on file in accordance with data protection legislation.
- Provide contracts of employment or letters of confirmation (for changes to employment contact) for all permanent and temporary staff on completion of fully authorized documentation. Ensure all contract documentation is completed and forwarded to payroll in a timely manner.
- To ensure all employee starting, change and termination information is accurately completed, entered into the system and communicated to payroll department. Ensure Director of HR is informed of all starters, changes and terminations.
- To ensure all employee files are kept up to date – and to ensure confidentiality of employee information is maintained at all time, in line with Data Protection legislation
- To undertake all necessary recruitment activity to maintain no more than 25 vacancies on the board at any one time and that all positions are filled within 4 weeks, as evidenced by recruitment log.
- To ensure all employee applications are responded to within 3 working days and follow up letters (after interviews, etc.) are completed on a timely basis.
- To ensure that ethnic and equal opportunities monitoring is carried out using technology to assist as appropriate.
- To ensure all potential permanent employees are interviewed by HR Department prior to hiring stage. Take leading role in interview process.
- Ensure that Employee Handbook and other HR documentation (Master Staffing list, etc.) are updated on a regular basis and utilize The Platform, Bridge and any other Intranet for communication wherever possible.
- To ensure all new employees are provided with all documentation, name badges, access card and other information ensuring a smooth introduction to the Hotel. Provide mini-induction (backdoor, canteen, uniforms, changing rooms, lockers) where necessary.
- To provide a source of information to Department Heads regarding disciplinary, grievance and employee counselling issues. Ensure all disciplinary procedures are carried out, taking role of arbitrator, note taker or advisor where appropriate.
- Manage the sick leave policy of the property in conjunction with Department Heads. Responsible for logging of all sick leave and other absence in the system and provide information to managers on levels of sick leave. Take a proactive role in cases of extended or repeated sickness absence.
- Coordinate the benefits program for all employees and ensure this is communicated throughout the property and to potential employees. Ensure the benefits package is competitive through regular benefits surveys with other local hotels.
- Ensure all HR, Quality and Training notice boards are kept up to date and look well presented at all times.
- Communicate relevant HR information to Department Heads and employees on a regular basis (Birthday listings, staff listings, etc.).
- To assist in planning and organizing generic social and community activities (Christmas Party, community actions, etc.) and take an active role in the Associate gathering.
- Coordinate annual long service awards, pins and gifts on a timely basis.
- Attend and play an active part in all Dept Head, HR, H&S and other designated meetings.
- Participate in the HR and Training Managers meetings on a monthly/quarterly basis and contribute to the success of initiatives developed
- Maintain high level of presence within the property including regular walkabouts
- Ensure that HR office is appropriately manned at all times
- Responsible for informing payroll of all leavers to enable timely production of final cheques. Ensure exit interviews conducted with all leavers, passing information to appropriate manager and provide analysis of exit interviews on a quarterly basis, to ensure proactive steps are taken to reduce employee turnover.
- Assist Director of HR in the preparation and coordination of payroll budget and payroll forecasts on a monthly basis. Assist in preparing competitive salary information.
- Assist in creating monthly labour turnover report, monthly and quarterly HR report and any other reporting requirements.
- Assist Director of HR and Management team to implement effective organizational structures which reflect the properties’ business goals.
- Ensure bi-annual Engagement survey is completed – with 90% participation. Work with Director of HR and other HR Executives to ensure all departments carry out effective Engagement survey feedback meetings and that a representative from the HR Department is present at these meetings.
- Ensure compliance with all HR legislation and keep up to date with changes to all local as well as international law which may affect the property. Communicate key legislation to relevant staff. Ensure all Marriott / Starwood policies related to HR are adhered to at all times.
- Take active role in projects and teams throughout the property and be prepared to take leadership where appropriate or act as an advisor on any HR issues.
- BSc in Human Resource Management degree required.
- Alternative – BSc in Business Management or BS in Legal Studies or equivalent certification acceptance includes; Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM) member, Professional of Human Resources (PHR) and Certified Employment Benefits Specialist (CEBS). The PHR exam consists of testing in 6 areas, including employee and labour relations, risk management, and workforce planning and employment.
- Eligibility requirements also include up to 4 years of experience in the field or a combination of education and experience.
- The CEBS is an 8-course program that focuses on group benefits, compensation and retirement.
- You can also opt for a CEBS specialty track, such as Group Benefits
- Must have at least 2 years operational Hotel experience (essential)
- Previous experience in HR or Training role preferred but not essential
- Previous experience in luxury hotel environment preferred
- Must be familiar with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Search Engines, Email and Internet
- Must be able to show previous delivery and execution of business based projects.
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance as per Marriott / Starwood standards
How to Apply for Sheraton hotel recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
Advertisement: Hookup with sugar mummy in Nigeria.
Click here to see the latest Latest Recruitment in Nigeria.