There is an ongoing State Government of Osun Recruitment for Statistician-General. The State Government of Osun, as part of its efforts to improve its statistical system for informed decision-making, research and collaboration with other agencies of government and the private sector, invite suitably qualified candidates to fill in the newly created post below, which is equivalent to the position of a Permanent Secretary in the Public Service of the State of Osun:
Job Title: Statistician-General
Duties & Responsibilities
- The Statistician-General will be the Accounting Officer/Chief Executive Officer of the State Bureau of Statistics, which shall be an autonomous Parastatal under the State Ministry of Budget, Economic Planning and Development.
The Specific Duties required of the Statistician-General include the following:
- Coordinating the State’s entire Statistical System;
- Advising Federal, State and LGA Agencies as well as Tertiary Institutions in the State on issues relating to their Statistical Activities;
- Decision making on the appropriate methods of collecting, processing and analyzing State’s data for Statistical purposes;
- Presentations to Government for approval, annual budget, work programmes, and other programmes to develop the State Statistics;
- Authority to obtain statistical information across the State Agencies, Local Governments, Federal and Tertiary Institutions in the State;
- Authority to produce statistical publications in the State;
- Authority to redeploy and redistribute Statisticians and Statistical Officers within the State Ministries, Departments and Agencies;
- Authority to conduct Statistical Surveys, private institutions wishing to conduct statistical surveys shall obtain approval from the Statistician- General.
- Representing the State in International, National and Local Statistical meetings;
- Organization, development, support and promotion of the bureau of statistics organizational culture;
- Supervision and discipline of Bureau of Statistics staff;
The candidates should possess:
- A minimum of B.Sc Statistics (not less than 2nd Class Lower Division) while candidates with combined degree in Statistics and another Discipline (not less than 2nd Class Lower Division) may be considered
- At least 20 years post-qualification experience in the rudiments of the Public Service within or outside the State of Osun
- Relevant Information and Communication Technology (ICT) skills
Note: The following conditions above must be met before applications can be processed.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send the following document below addressed to:
The Head of Service,
Office of the Head of Service,
Office of the Governor State Secretariat,
- Applications must be typewritten, accompanied by ten (10) clear copies of Curriculum Vitae (CV) and all relevant documents, including certificate(s) and letters relating to background and employment history;
- The completed application should be sealed and marked ‘OSUN SG 2017’ on the left top corner of the envelope containing it.
Advertisement: Hookup with sugar mummy in Nigeria.
Click here to see the latest Latest Recruitment in Nigeria.
Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /homepages/43/d710733714/htdocs/clickandbuilds/Yaanews/wp-content/themes/goodnews5/framework/functions/momizat_functions.php on line 104
Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /homepages/43/d710733714/htdocs/clickandbuilds/Yaanews/wp-content/themes/goodnews5/framework/functions/momizat_functions.php on line 170
Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /homepages/43/d710733714/htdocs/clickandbuilds/Yaanews/wp-content/themes/goodnews5/framework/functions/posts_share.php on line 66
Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /homepages/43/d710733714/htdocs/clickandbuilds/Yaanews/wp-content/themes/goodnews5/framework/functions/posts_share.php on line 82