There is an ongoing United Nations recruitment for Graduate Volunteer Programme Officers 2017. See the eligibility details, how to apply and closing date here.
A general call for United Nations Volunteer(UNV) Programme Officers (UNV POs) is ongoing between February 16th and March 19th. Details on the functions of these positions, requirements and application process are below.
UNV Programme Officers (UNV POs) are the country level representatives of the organization in ensuring and delivering key results of the UNV Strategic Framework. UNV has approximately 70 UNV Programme Officers in the field. They normally report to the UNDP Deputy Resident Representative (Programme) at country level, while working in close collaboration with a Portfolio Manager at UNV headquarters in Bonn, Germany.
KEY STRATEGIC FUNCTIONS
- Advocacy and Partnership Building
- Programme Development and Management
- Volunteer Mobilization and Management
- Master’s degree in social sciences, political science, public or business administration, economics or related fields
- 5 years of relevant professional experience and proven track record in managing and implementing programmes in the context of development or in the area of humanitarian relief or in crisis management. Work experience with the United Nations is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. However, since many of the upcoming vacancies require bilingual candidates, we strongly encourage candidates who are fluent in English and, in addition, French or Spanish or Portuguese to apply. Any additional language (such as Arabic or Russian) is an asset, and another UN official language is highly desirable.
HOW TO APPLY
UNV is currently building up a Talent Pool, which includes qualified, pre-assessed and evaluated candidates earmarked to become the next generation of UNV Programme Officers.
Already registered candidates are able to apply by using the application code indicated in this general Description of Assignment (DOA). Non-registered candidates have to use the application code available in the DOA after registering their profile in the UNV database. The current call goes from February 16th until March 19th 2017.
The selection process may include the following steps: telephone screening/video interviewing, technical assessments and competency based interviews. Since this process will be for a group of candidates, and not be limited to one assignment, we do expect the entire process to take up to three months.
Eligibility criteria for UN Volunteers and UNV Programme Officers who are currently serving will be communicated separately to all UNV Field Units.
Click here for more information
Advertisement: Hookup with sugar mummy in Nigeria.
Click here to see the latest Latest Recruitment in Nigeria.
Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /homepages/43/d710733714/htdocs/clickandbuilds/Yaanews/wp-content/themes/goodnews5/framework/functions/momizat_functions.php on line 104
Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /homepages/43/d710733714/htdocs/clickandbuilds/Yaanews/wp-content/themes/goodnews5/framework/functions/momizat_functions.php on line 170
Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /homepages/43/d710733714/htdocs/clickandbuilds/Yaanews/wp-content/themes/goodnews5/framework/functions/posts_share.php on line 66
Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /homepages/43/d710733714/htdocs/clickandbuilds/Yaanews/wp-content/themes/goodnews5/framework/functions/posts_share.php on line 82