UNODC Internship Program – The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Communications Internship Program application is on. See the eligibility, application procedure and closing date here.
UNODC is a global leader in the fight against illicit drugs and international crime. Established in 1997 through a merger between the United Nations Drug Control Programme and the Centre for International Crime Prevention,
UNODC operates in all regions of the world through an extensive network of field offices.
The internship in UNODC’s Country Office in Nigeria is for two months with an opportunity for extension, dependent upon the needs of the department.
- The internship is UNPAID and full-time.
- Interns work five days per week (40 hours) under the supervision of the Representative and in cooperation with the Communications Officer.
Responsibilities for UNODC Internship Program
The intern shall undertake the following duties which may include, but are not limited to:
- • Assistance in drafting and preparing documents for publication on the website of the Office
- • Document and internet research for communication products on UNODC work in Nigeria
- • Assistance during conferences
- • Working on web-presentation
- • Compiling statistics
- • Media analysis
- • Speech-writing
- • Assistance in the management of the website
- • Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements for UNODC Internship Program
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
(a)be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
(b)be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
(c)have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation (OFFICIAL PROOF FROM THE UNIVERSITY TO SUPPORT ONE OF THE ABOVE OPTIONS HAS TO BE ATTACHED TO THE INSPIRA APPLICATION).
Applicants are additionally required to:
- •Possess an academic background in the field of political science, international relations, security studies, criminal justice or related discipline;
- •Be computer literate in standard software applications, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- •Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and
- •Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the programme, but are encouraged to list all relevant work experience in their application.
Applicants must have a keen demonstrated interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Fluency in spoken and written English is required for the internship. Knowledge of an additional official UN language is an asset. Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish are the official languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
How to Apply for UNODC Internship Program
A completed online application (Cover Note and Personal History Profile) is required. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
The Cover Note must include:
• Degree Programme (What are you currently studying?)
• Graduation Date (When will you graduate or when did you graduate from the programme?)
• List the IT skills and programmes that you are proficient in.
• List your top three areas of interest.
• Explain why you are the best candidate for this specific internship.
• Explain your interest in the United Nations Internship Programme.
In your online Personal History Profile, be sure to include all past work experiences, IT skills, and three references.
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
Application Deadline: 13 February 2017
Advertisement: Hookup with sugar mummy in Nigeria.
Click here to see the latest Latest Recruitment in Nigeria.
Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /homepages/43/d710733714/htdocs/clickandbuilds/Yaanews/wp-content/themes/goodnews5/framework/functions/momizat_functions.php on line 104
Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /homepages/43/d710733714/htdocs/clickandbuilds/Yaanews/wp-content/themes/goodnews5/framework/functions/momizat_functions.php on line 170
Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /homepages/43/d710733714/htdocs/clickandbuilds/Yaanews/wp-content/themes/goodnews5/framework/functions/posts_share.php on line 66
Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /homepages/43/d710733714/htdocs/clickandbuilds/Yaanews/wp-content/themes/goodnews5/framework/functions/posts_share.php on line 82