Buhari’s Health: 8 Prominent Politicians That Have Been Silent
Again after a month, Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari has asked for an extension of his medical leave in the UK, deepening suspicions that his health is far worse than the reports and pictures are saying. Many Nigerians are wondering if the health of President Muhammadu Buhari has not deteriorated beyond comprehension considering the manner the media team of the Presidency has been handling the issue.
Although, Presidential aide has debunked the rumours saying that the President is hale, healthy and need rest but Nigerians still wonder what kind of rest will a President be taking for over a month considering economic and currency troubles bedeviling the nation.
So far, some prominent Nigerians have been silent on President Buhari’s health status. Some of which are:
1. Okorocha – Governor Rochas Okorocha of the Imo state is one of the prominent figures in the All Progressives Congress. In 2014, he lost to Mr. Buhari at the APC Presidential primaries, he then picked up the Governorship ticket of his state and won. Since the start of the issues around the health of President Buhari, Governor Rochas Okorocha has not commented.
2. John Oyegun: Oyegun, a native of Edo state is the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, the party of President Mohammadu Buhari. He, among other party faithfuls are very close to the President. But, be as it may, Mr Oyegun has not commented on the state of health of his party-man.
3. El-rufai – Nasir El-rufai is the governor of Kaduna state. El-rufai – whose state is currently enveloped in a religious violence in Southern Kaduna – is widely regarded as the ‘unofficial Vice President’ because of his closeness to the Buhari-led Federal government.
4. Shehu Sani: Sani is a blunt critic of the actions of the President Buhari-led administration. The Kaduna-born Senator, and activist has respected views on national issues. Recent among which was that President Buhari uses deodorants to fight corruption in his inner circles but he uses insecticides on the outer surface. He has also not commented on health of Mr. President.
5. Dino Melaye – Dino Melaye is one of the most outspoken Senators in Nigeria’s Red chambers. Last year, the Kogi-west lawmaker was awarded ‘the Senator of the Year’ – a laurel not disconnected from his blunt criticism on National issues at the floor of the senate. It is rather surprising he has commented on the health of the President.
6. Adams Oshiomohole: Besides Lai Mohammed, Adams Oshimhole doubles as the ‘mouth piece’ of the APC-led government in Nigeria. The former governor of Edo state is always against the taunts of the opposition on his party (APC), and will never cease to put on a strong defense come what may. Few weeks after exiting seat as Edo governor, it was reported that Oshimhole would be needed at the Presidency. But in the last few weeks, Oshimhole has not spoken on Buhari’s health.
7. Shettima –
The Governor of Borno state, Kashim Shettima is the elected chairman of the Northern States Governors’ Forum [NSGF], an umbrella body of all elected governors from the northern part of Nigeria. Buhari is a Muslim President from the North. Shettima, also of the All Progressives Congress have been silent on the health of his ‘kinsman’.
8. Abdul-Aziz Yari Abubakar: Abdul-Aziz Yari Abubakar is the chairman of Nigerian Governors Forum. He was re-elected as a second-term Governor under the platform of the All Progressive Congress (APC) in 2015. On May 18, 2015, Hon. Yari’s colleagues in the Nigeria Governors’ Forum unanimously elected him as their Chairman, succeeding Rt. Hon. Chibuile Rotimi Amaechi (now Nigeria’s Minister of Transport). Yari leads the pack of Nigerian governors. He, like the 7 above, has been silent on the heath status of Buhari.
Advertisement: Hookup with sugar mummy in Nigeria.
Click here to see the latest Latest Recruitment in Nigeria.
Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /homepages/43/d710733714/htdocs/clickandbuilds/Yaanews/wp-content/themes/goodnews5/framework/functions/momizat_functions.php on line 104
Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /homepages/43/d710733714/htdocs/clickandbuilds/Yaanews/wp-content/themes/goodnews5/framework/functions/momizat_functions.php on line 170
Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /homepages/43/d710733714/htdocs/clickandbuilds/Yaanews/wp-content/themes/goodnews5/framework/functions/posts_share.php on line 66
Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /homepages/43/d710733714/htdocs/clickandbuilds/Yaanews/wp-content/themes/goodnews5/framework/functions/posts_share.php on line 82